Monday, March 17, 2008

My Parents are visiting - I am blessed

My dear parents are here right now and we are having a blessed time. How I thank the Lord for them. They are so real, yet love the Lord with their whole heart. They have given their lives in full service for the Lord ever since I was four and it hasn't always been a picnic! They are my heroes in the Lord and I thank the Lord for blessing me with them as my parents. I wish they were my neighbors on this earth, but since that isn't possible I have asked the Lord to let me have the mansion next to theirs in heaven.

I am thankful the Lord takes my fragile, human heart and listens to my thoughts. When I pray the mansion prayer to Him I feel a gentle hug. And then the words come to me. This is what I imagine God says to me when I cry to Him with a heart that misses my dear parents, "It is okay, my child, I know you love the wonderful parents I blessed you with and I know, too, that you love Me. Right now you have chosen to serve Me, even though that means going to the ends of the earth and far from your parents. It hurts and it is okay to hurt - cast your cares upon Me - I care! When you get to heaven, my dear, darling, beautiful child, your focus will be 100% where it should be. You will be perfected and your focus will be 100% on Me. You won't care, then, who your neighbor is, but I love you and I love to hear from you. Thanks for talking to Me and thanks for being still long enough to listen to my thoughts. I love you, Hollie. It will be worth it all some day. I, too, left my Father - I know your pain. It was worth it - it bought Me YOU! The world needs Me, Hollie, and the only way for them to know Me is if faithful people who know the truth will GO into all the world. Follow in my footsteps - I am your Savior and Friend, Jesus. I will be with you - ALWAYS!"

You know, I really want to be used of the Lord, but I am so human! I am so thankful that God uses ordinary people to do His extraordinary work. He just asks me to be a vessel He can flow through. He doesn't ask me to be extraordinary so He can use me! It isn't always easy, to be sure, but He is always there to enable me to do His bidding. He never asks me to do something He isn't going to give me the strength and ability to accomplish! With the example of His sacrifice and His obedience I can keep on keeping on until His return, even when it involves personal discomfort or inner pain.

Please pray for me, that I will rely on the Lord and rest in Him, allowing Him to use me.

May He come quickly!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

May the Lord continue to strengthen you in Himself as He needs to be the only strength that we rely on. Love you much, Dad

Brielle'sMama said...

Dearest Hollie,
You are a wonderful wife and mother of our 4 children. You have a tender heart and are sensitive to peoples needs and hurts. May the Lord give you the strength for each day. Thanks for being willing to go to the ends of the earth (being separated from family) so that others may know who Jesus is and the gift of eternal life He offers to them.
Love you more,
Your Husband,
Brent

Chef Diane said...

Hey there,

Isn't this awesome. It is a wonderful way to stay in touch with how God is using your life. It is awesome for your ministry as well. Thanks for posting.
Love and hugs,
Diane